With the media starting to play a larger role, the purpose of this post is to be a digest and master post for everything that the media (newspapers, radio, TV, internet, etc) have said and will say. This post covers what gets aired/published about the numbered between the 28th of October and 8th of December
. This includes content created by both players and mods, regardless of if it stems from numbered and their allies, their opponents, or neutral third sources.GUIDELINES
- You may either link to a post that you made which contained a media voice (like this
) or or create small articles/opinion pieces/internet discussions/interviews/statements/etc and put them into the body of the comment, (like this
- Please use this form:
- If your media voice talks about a small group of reincarnates or one reincarnate in specific, please make sure that you have their players' permission to have the media talk about them in this way.THE GENERAL CURRENT STATE OF THE MEDIA
- There is a clear divide between different localities now in how the media treat reincarnates. USA:
While in Locke, the environment has grown very hostile and barely any even neutral voice remains, the numbered efforts to help their image and the fact that Albero has little influence and interest there have done something on the national level, where positive, negative and neutral voices remain in a balance, though they become less realistic by the day. Fundraisers for all kinds of causes and recipients have been started. In Las Vegas, the public opinion on the numbered is the most clearly reflected in the media, which creates somewhat of a mood whiplash in it: Currently, there is no particular interest in the numbered cause, and if there is something, it is often about one of those that moved to Vegas and what they're doing now in a fairly curious manner.
, the media are still more on an investigative level - sure, the Bild and Krone open with "TERROR OR SALVATION - WHAT IS THE TOWER" and similar insightful headlines, but the more upper-end media voices are all trying to not judge yet and only up their coverage of both local and international news of the numbered.
Generally, radio/tv stations in America will be less hostile the further one gets away from Locke, and worldwide
it's roughly America-> rest of NA->Europe/Latin America/Africa->Asia on a scale from negative to positive treatment, though that of course is only a rule of the thumb. The interest in Africa and South America is not terribly high, but especially Europe and the Arabic-speaking countries as well as some parts of Asia (especially India, Indonesia, Japan/Taiwan/Korea) are pretty interested and largely friendly towards the numbered.
- On the internet and other places where information is traded, voices are varied and shrill. The cultists slowly start to return, but they speak with many, sometimes highly contradictory voices. The seedlings are still quiet, so that negative voices seem to have become stronger. There is however a surge of non-American bloggers and news articles, forums and so on that deal with the numbered after the Orbital Tower showed up, and the non-Americans are to large parts seeing the numbered in a positive light, so the worldwide balance almost tips towards positive even if one only looks at English-language sources.
- The attempts of reincarnated persons to enter the discussion on their own terms is treated differently. Some welcome it, others not, but whenever it happens it is discussed thoroughly in the media afterwards.
- All local Locke newspapers and radio programs are filled with negative pieces on one numbered or some/all of them as a group almost daily, though the reader's comments section might contain neutral pieces. A local Locke radio station, Energy Up, fills its free broadcasting time with more or less fact-based pieces about the reincarnates, laced with gossip and speculations about their mental state and how dangerous they really are to the city; cunning minds will notice that those numbered that have openly opposed Albero are featured more frequently, and that only when speaking of them the station comments also on their families.
- Fox News continues its morning magazine programme about the numbered worldwide, though heavily focusing on America, with more or less fact-based pieces about the reincarnates, laced with gossip and speculations about their mental state and how dangerous they really are, though they also start to accuse the numbered of everything that they figure to be wrong with the nation at this point.
- All news outlets in Vegas run pieces about specific numbered, and not only about those that are high-profile in some shape or form, but about everyone. Their opinion on the reincarnates is ever-changing and might be high positive, highly negative or anywhere in between.
- German and Austrian outlets will be very interested in numbered interviews/etc and mostly friendly, at the worst neutral.
- The BBC, Al-Jazeera and other worldwide news networks all follow the developments associated with the numbered, though it remains one topic among many for them.
- Last post's digest: # 5|10
: Daughter of the rich Stacojiu family a violent numbered?; # 7|10
: Danielle Masters, a CEO's heir, has gone missing; # 8|10
: Numbered Winter Adamas announcing help with the rebuilding of Las Vegas; # 9|10
: Zombie attack on innocent Locke resident, let's blame numbered Anthony Janvier; # 10|10
: Energy Up visits the Espresso Yourself; # 10|10
: The raw uncut version of the aforementioned Energy Up piece; # 13|10
: (Secretly numbered) Jesús Reyes, son of a Mexican diplomat, has been abducted, let's say the numbered took him hostage; # 19|10
: Clearly the numbered now advocate cannibalism; # 21|10 and ongoing
: A tumblr blog to commemorate the victims of numbered related events goes live; # 22|10
: The Fenton family has gotten murdered, leaving only one survivor, the (secretly numbered) vocally anti-numbered son Daniel Fenton;
Former Media Posts: #1 #2#3#4